Saturday, December 3, 2011

EASY Oreo Truffles

I know everyone is busy with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I've been looking at recipes for goodies for several weeks now and still go back to the ones that work and are not so complicated.  These oreo truffles are delicious.  I always get rave reviews and requests for more when I make them.  They're easy to make, package well, and a very pretty presentation when plattered alongside your other holiday sweets. 

OREO Truffles

                                    
                           

1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate
Sandwich Cookies, divided
1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

DIRECTIONS:
1. Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
2. Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
3. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
                             Enjoy ~ Debi
           

10 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, id better start working out because i plan on doing some eating this year. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doesn't get much easier than this! I appreciate anything that I can add to the gift cookie tins...after I test them of course!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made these, they are delicious! I have to say, yours look prettier than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But how do you make them look like the picture? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be sending you my address...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your treats look and sound delicious.
    Its good to meet another blogger from NC.

    Your newest follower
    Sonny~155 Dream Lane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel my waistline growing just looking and thinking about them!! I'll have to give them a try for my office! THANKS for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those sound delicious!
    I had to force myself to walk away from the Oreo Mint cookies today when I was at Kroger! I'd have eaten the whole bag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debi
    This is exactly the kind of recipe I'm looking for. Thanks!
    I've go so many irons in the fire right now. So I need quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so good! I had them for the first time last Christmas when a friend/neighbor brought some over. So good. Can't wait to make them myself! Thanks for posting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete