Saturday, May 14, 2011

Copperhead Bite

Friends, my little Jack Russell, Potter, was bitten somewhere around his upper neck/face area this evening by a copperhead snake.  He had immediate swelling and had a little trouble breathing.  He was taken to Emergency Vet and is in tremendous pain.  He will stay tonight and only receive anti-venom tomorrow if needed. He will get fluids and Benadryl tonight. Poisonous snake bites are hard on small dogs.  He's no spring chicken either (age 11).  Positive thoughts & a hug needed ~ Debi


  1. Poor little guy and poor mamma too. I have said a prayer and you will be in my thoughts..I'm sending a big hug. Hope you keep us up to date and we will be looking for a good report very soon. xxoo