Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Breaking Away

Taking a few days off for the weekend to attend the MerleFest with my Dad.  I'm taking him to this for his birthday; he is a "young" 78 years old.  For those who don't know, MerleFest is a 4 day Americana music festival held in Wilkes County, NC. It is touted as the largest music festival in the U.S. It will last for 4 days and will include the VERY best of bluegrass, blues, folk, old-time music, cajun, jass, country, celtic, on & on ...lots of banjo pickin', for sure.  I pray for good weather as my Dad and I are very excited about going to this.  It seems no one in this family EVER can get away with a business to run, all the dogs, horses, etc to attend to ... but hey, I bet everything will be the same when I get back.  Any bets? The garden has been planted, yard man is supposed to come and mow, horses get shots when I return, got coverage in the stores, so ....what's for concern.  Why, as women do we think they can't do without us??? Truly, they want me to go.  Get out and go Mom, by-by honey... So little friends, hopefully, I'll bring some outrageous pictures back and feel like a totally new person when I return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment